Upcoming Group Trips
Viking River CruiseTour, Swiss Alps to Paris
The Swiss Alps, Zurich to Paris
April 11 - 22, 2018
12 Days | 10 Guided Tours | 4 Countries
Air Fare starting at $295. If booked by Feb. 28, 2017.
Add a pre-cruise package. Mountains, Cheese and Chocolates Tour, see below for details and prices.
Arrive in Zürich, Switzerland’s largest city and often cited as one of Europe’s most livable places. Transfer from the Zürich airport to your hotel for a 2-night stay. After check-in, enjoy free time to explore this exciting lakeside city.
Discover Zürich during a city walk. You will see the twin-spired Grossmünster church, founded by Charlemagne. Across the Limatt River, admire the Fraumünster, with its distinctive green spire. Marc Chagall created five windows of the abbey’s choir. After your walk, embark a boat for a scenic tour on Lake Zürich. (B)
Basel and Zürich, Switzerland
Transfer to Basel this morning, a fascinating blend of modern and traditional with a thriving arts scene. Get acquainted with its Market Square of guild houses and Gothic, Renaissance and baroque splendor before embarking your ship in time for dinner. (B, D)
Visit Strasbourg today, the cultural center of France’s Alsace region. Thanks to its location at the border of France and Germany, it boasts a convivial mix of cultural influences. Visi its well preserved Old Town, or Petit France, enclosed on all sides by the little Ill River. Stroll the cobblestone streets lined with half-timbered houses and intersected by picturesque canals. Indulging in Alsatian café culture is central to any visit here. (B, L, D)
Explore the quiet German town of Speyer, on the west bank of the Rhine. Visit its stunning Romanesque imperial cathedral, considered a pivotal structure in the evolution of European architecture. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the burial place of eight emperors including some of the most famous Holy Roman Emperors. Stroll Speyer’s charming, shop-lined main street and see the impressive clock tower of its Altpörtel, the Old Town Gate. (B, L, D)
Arrive in Mainz today in the heart of the Rhine wine region. Visit one of the Upper Rhine’s Mainz Cathedral with its six towers reaching to the heavens. You will also browse the Gutenberg Museum, dedicated to the inventor of movable type and book printing. The collection includes many beautiful books and fascinating printing technologies, including a replica of Gutenberg’s workshop. (B, L, D)
Sankt Goar, Germany
This morning, enjoy scenic cruising along the Middle Rhine. As you pass through the Rhine Gorge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, stop in Sankt Goar. The sleepy town is overlooked by the famous 13th-century ruins of Rheinfels Castle, the largest castle on the Rhine. From here, you will ascend to the top of riverside Lorelei Rock, named for the fabled figure who once lured sailors to her shores with her siren song. (B, L, D)
Disembark in the quaint town of Cochem for a tour of the scenic Moselle wine country, where some of the finest Rieslings in the world are produced along terraced slopes. During your tour, you will delve into a wine-making history that dates back nearly 2,000 years to Roman times. Stop at a local winery for a tour and tasting before returning to your ship for Moselle cruising this afternoon. (B, L, D)
Bernkastel & Trier, Germany
We dock in Bernkastel this morning. Take a stroll to one of the Moselle’s most beloved medieval villages. Later, continue cruising to Trier, Germany’s oldest city, set on the banks of the Moselle River. See the wonderfully preserved Roman Porta Nigra gate and Trier Cathedral. You will remain docked here this evening. (B, L, D)
Luxembourg City & Paris, France
Disembark this morning and transfer to Paris, France. En route, see the city of Luxembourg on a guided tour and visit the Luxembourg American Cemetery to pay homage to the many Americans who lost their lives during the WWII Battle of the Bulge. Continue on to Paris and check into your hotel. (B)
Today’s tour begins with a drive along the Seine River, past the city’s glorious landmarks such as Notre Dame Cathedral, the world-famous Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay. You will also drive along the Champs-Élysées past the Arc de Triomphe. Our group will choose which sites we want to spend time visiting. (B)
After breakfast, check out of your hotel and proceed to the Charles de Gaulle airport for your return flight. (B)
French Balcony 6,290.
Add a day in Zurich: 595. (795. Single)
Greet your guide at a central Zurich location and climb aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan for the short tour of Zurich West, a trendy warehouse district that has recently undergone a radical transformation. Travel along the shores of Lake Zurich and disembark at the Lindt factory outlet to indulge your sweet tooth with delectable Swiss chocolate. After purchasing appetizing souvenirs, travel past the town of Rapperswill, renowned for its impressive medieval castle, and arrive at the village of Stein. Visit a local cheese factory to uncover the production secrets behind Appenzeller cheese, and then continue to Brulisau.Ride an aerial cable car to the snow-capped summit of Mt Hoher Kasten and capture breathtaking views from an altitude of 6,000 feet. Enjoy a unique dining experience in the mountaintop’s revolving restaurant (own expense) and stroll through the beautiful Alpine Garden before returning to sea level for a short walking tor of Appenzell. Relax during the journey back to Zurich. Approx. 9 hrs.
- A $750 deposit per person is required to hold space; balances are due on December 10, 2017.
- Cancellation fee - $100.
- If you are traveling with a sighted person who will be your sighted guide, you each get a discount of $1,000.
- Except where noted, prices are based on double occupancy and do not include airfare or gratuity
- Trip insurance is recommended.
- Our trips are non-smoking and not combinable with any other offer.
All This Is Included
- 12-day cruisetour (8-day cruise) visiting 4 countries, 8 ports & 3 additional cities by land
- 2 nights each at the Le Méridien Etoile, Paris & Zurich Marriott Hotel (or similar)
- Visit 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- 10 included shore excursions with local guide & headset
- Culture Curriculum®: enjoy a classical music performance; learn how to create your own Alsatian flammkuchen; attend lectures on Germany’s current affairs & origins of Rhine River cruising
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Beer, wine and soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner
- Meals included on board & ashore: 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Onboard meals featuring regional specialties & always available American classics
- Welcome Cocktail Reception & Farewell Dinner
- Multiple dining venues with open seating
- Most al fresco dining on Europe’s rivers
- 24/7 specialty coffees, teas & bottled water
- Organic herb garden
- River-view stateroom
- Room steward & twice-daily housekeeping service
- Evening turndown service
- Hotel-style bed with optional twin-bed configuration; luxury linens & pillows
- 40" flat-screen LCD TV, with interactive programming
- Complimentary Movies On Demand
- Security safe
- Hair dryer
- 110/220 volt outlets & USB port
- Direct-dial satellite phone
- Bathrobes & slippers (upon request)
- Heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirrors
- Glass-enclosed shower
- Premium Freyja™ toiletries
- Open-air walking track
- 24/7 Guest Services for special requests
- Port taxes & fees
Airport transfers on date of embarkation/disembarkation with Viking Air program
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, FrenchBalcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation Lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories F and E
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
40" flat-panel Sony TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more